CLICK HERE to learn why you should participate.
In order to access any of the Forums you must be registered for the Townhomes of Addison website. If you are a resident or an owner of Townhomes of Addison, go here and register.
You must be logged in to access the Forums.
While there are a number of Forums, most users will have access only to the Community Forum and the Homeowners Forum. All Registered Residents automatically have access to the Community Forum. All Homeowners have access to both the Community Forum and the Homeowners Forum. Your status as a resident or a homeowner dictates which Forum(s) you will see in the “Forums” list at the bottom of each web page after you have logged in.
First enter a Forum and then browse or search the forums to see if there is already a topic on your subject. If so, create a post there instead of creating a new topic.
- Scroll down on any Townhomes of Addison web page to the Forums list.
- Click the name of one of the forums, (e.g., Community Forum).
- At the bottom of the page you will find Create New Topic….
- Type a Topic Title in the Topic Title box and enter your post in the message box beneath that.
- Enter a tag or tags (Essentially tags are keywords used to classify content and help in the Search process).
- Mark the “Notify me of follow-up replies via email” box if you want to be notified by email in the event someone replies to your Topic.
- Click the Submit button.
- If after submitting your topic you find an error or think of something you’d like to add or change, you have up to 1 hour to edit your topic.
How do I post a reply?
- While viewing the Topic, scroll to the bottom of the page.
- Type your Reply in the Message box.
- Mark the “Notify me of follow-up replies via email” box if you want to be notified by email in the event someone replies to your Reply.
- Click the Submit button.
To reply to somebody else’s post and show a quote of their post in your reply:
- Copy and paste into the Message box the text you want to quote, highlight it and click the ” (quote icon) button on the editing bar above your message.
- Type your post in the Message box after the quote that will appear there.
- Click the Reply button.
How do I use the editing features?
How do I use the “Subscribe” Feature?
There are two ways to use Subscribe:
- You can subscribe to a Forum. If you do, you will be notified by email each time a new TOPIC is posted. So, for example, suppose someone creates a Topic titled “Picking up after your dog” in the Community Forum. You would receive an email notifying you that such a Topic has been posted if you have subscribed to the Community Forum.
- You can subscribe to a Topic. So, if you had subscribed to the Community Forum you would have been notified of the “Picking up after your dog” Topic. If that Topic interests you, you can subscribe to that particular Topic and you will be notified by email whenever someone replies to that Topic. There are many Topics in our Forums, you can pick and choose which ones you would like to subscribe (receive email notifications) to.
So to recap, if you subscribe to a Forum you’ll get ONE email whenever a new Topic is posted on the Forum to which you subscribed. If you then subscribe to a Topic, you’ll get an email EACH TIME someone replies to that Topic.
You can subscribe, or unsubscribe to both Forums and Topics at will.